Shopping in Florence
Florence is one of the most important Italian fashion centres and features all major local and international brands, whose boutiques are gathered around the main shopping street in Florence, Via de’ Tornabuoni.
The city also offers a wide selection of high-quality artisanal products: everything ranging from leather goods and ceramics to excellent food products and the famous jewelers on the Ponte Vecchio. Santa Croce and San Lorenzo are the heart of the leather market, whilst antique shops are widespread in the area of Borgo Ognissanti and Via Maggio. However, in recent years, the outlets and department stores outside the city have also been gaining in popularity, as they offer the chance to buy designer items at affordable prices.
- Barberino Designer Outlet (McArthurGlen) - Barberino di Mugello - Via Meucci, in the Scopicci area - tel. +39 055 842161
Located in the hills near Lake Bilancino, the Barberino Designer Outlet is inspired by the Renaissance architecture of Florence. The facility is home to over 100 shops where you can find the world’s best fashion brands, including Calvin Klein, Guess, Missoni, Prada and many more. Inside the outlet there are also cafés and restaurants where you can take a little break from shopping.
- The Mall – Leccio – Via Europa, 8 – Tel +39 055 8657775
The Mall is located in Leccio, in the heart of the Tuscany hills. Here you can find branches of Alexander McQueen, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Ermenegildo Zegna, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Hogan, La Perla, Loro Piana, Ferragamo, Tod's, Valentino, Yohji Yamamoto, Yves Saint Laurent and many more. A unique place for those who love the top brands and the world of haute couture.
- Dolce & Gabbana Outlet – Incisa in Valdarno - Via S.Maria Maddalena, 49 - tel. +39 055 8331300
Spread over two floors, the outlet of the two stylists’ famous brand stocks the past collections of clothing, footwear and accessories.
- Prada Levanella Outlet, Montevarchi (AR) - Via Aretina 403 - tel. +39 055 91901
Located near Florence, this is one of the largest outlets in Tuscany and offers Prada clothing, shoes and accessories at great prices.
- Roberto Cavalli Outlet - Sesto Fiorentino, Osmannoro (FI) - Via Volturno, 3/3 - tel. +39 055-317754
This is the Italian designer’s first official outlet, where you can find items from the Roberto Cavalli line both from the collections of previous years, and from the current collection on sale at the boutique. It offers clothing and handbags at affordable prices, as well as special promotions.
Get to know the city from a different perspective by immersing yourself in the authentic Florentine atmosphere, winding your way through big and small markets. As you wander through the colourful stalls, why not stop to choose a distinctive gift or a typical artisanal product as a souvenir of your stay in Tuscany?
- San Lorenzo market: in the shadow of the Medici Chapels and the Church of San Lorenzo, you can find home decor, clothing and typical products of Florentine craftsmanship, such as handbags, belts and leather jackets at very reasonable prices.
- Central market: without a doubt, the best food market in Florence. Immediately recognisable by its windows and the large porch of the building, the Central market is spread over two floors: downstairs is the home of meats, cheeses and typical Tuscan products, whilst the upstairs will delight you with the colours and scents of a whole host of stands selling local cuisine and street food.